More Of A Risible Waste Of Time

 Well, as far as meaningless projects go, this year is off to a good start!


I managed to get more in depth in a number of projects I've stopped and started over the years in the first month, namely:


All (Well, Most Of, Okay Some) Of The Adventure Games - More of a curated list of games than the more comprehensive every game like at bluerenga.blogspot.com.  I managed to actually finish all of the Scott Adams SAGA games, even some that I had never played before (like the Marvel games).  I've moved on to Colossal Cave and its related games (some of the more famous extended versions, the Jewels of Darkness, Pyramid 2000 and Acheton).  I plan to actually make some specific posts regarding those...

The Original Fan "Great Game" - Yes, for the umpteenth time, I'm trying the old as dirt attempt at the impossible notion of assigning order and dates to the Sherlock Holmes stories, while also reading them in depth (with both annotated versions), examining the geography, the nobility, and the British government - plus creating something a timeline of the duel between Holmes and Moriarty.  I've actually been pretty pleased with the results so far (one 'breakthrough' that I had - that Watson often had particular reasons for these specific cases.  For instance, labelling "The Five Orange Pips" the final case before Watson goes into marital bliss until the events of "A Scandal in Bohemia", or "The Noble Bachelor" being the next-to-last case with Holmes before he meets Mary Morstan.)

William Chandler, Private Investigator - I actually managed to finish my first story - a lot longer than I anticipated - already halfway through a second, and plotting the third and last (for now) in the series.

The Marvel Index - My comprehensive look at my massive Marvel Comics collection, mostly X-Men titles with a side interest in 'historical' comics (i.e. the history of the Marvel Universe).  A lot more organized than the fifteen other times I attempted it, and cruising along.

My Interactive Fiction Game - I got the bug again, probably by playing the old school games, to pick it up and at least finish the 'base' game.


And hopefully, this blog itself - like a self-fulfilling prophecy, I stopped writing it in spite of the pandemic supplying me with time to do so.  I want to throw out a number of mad musings in the future, so hopefully I make it happen.

Like the title says, there's always tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts