Start of the New Year

 2023 certainly didn't pan out for me as far as 'blogging' goes... well, it's a New Year, as arbitrary as a distinction goes.  So, let's see how this goes.  What I am currently working on:


The Mega Shadowrun Project

This ended up consuming most of my time.  I've done it off and on for decades, and this time I'm doing a 'final version' for it - namely the timeline (starting in 1980) and the megacorp guide... with the added 'locations' guide for the settings sourcebooks.  Why is this taking so long?  Because there's a whole lot of Shadowrun!  Be that as it may, I've managed to work my way through 1st through 3rd Edition, and I'm in the middle of the 4th - working on Spy Games.  Eventually, I'll get to the novels and the video game trilogy, but this is vexing enough as is.  But fun!


The Classic D&D Stories

I had been working on this last year, but Shadowrun managed to divert me.  So, I'm starting over my reading to get back in focus, returning to Andre Norton's Witch World series (although my notes and cataloguing I won't need to do again).  Something to do during lunch at work.


Continued Examinations of Fantasy/Sci-Fi

Editing my existing documentation, for one thing - I have mostly completed looks at the original Dune series, the Dune Encyclopedia (not any of the new material, however, nor will I ever, to be honest), the extended Foundation/Robots/Empire setting by Asimov, and so forth.

Additionally, I have some other musings on aspects of these fictional universes - probably in the next few days, I'll be posting my thoughts on a hidden aspect of Middle-Earth that the most recent collection of Tolkien's unpublished writings illuminated - "The Inner Seas".






Comments

Popular Posts